Sunday 28 May 2017

Fear Inducer by Ellie Douglas

I’m Ellie Douglas, and like you, I love horror, everything about horror, the goriest and most gruesome of horrors is the ultimate. I can’t get enough. So much so that I write horror.

I’m fun loving, generous and very mysterious. I enjoy spending time with my family, and have four children to keep the horror writing alive. I enjoy helping others and volunteer my services to help Autistic children, I love cosplay and the chance to dress up as a monster, zombie or some other gritty character is fun, oh so much fun.

I love summer, and well…I hate winter. I live in New Zealand and feel often too far away from all the cool stuff going on in the world. I love helping people all the time. I’ve got my hands dipped in a few things, I write books, but I also make professional book covers for other authors, I also create adult coloring books and I have a gambling app that I designed on the apple store :) I’ve always got a project going, be it writing or creating, that is who I am and I love it :)

My ultimate aim is to give back, paying it forward, to constantly better myself and give the audience amazing stories. Let me scare you…

Connect with the Author



Get a Free Book!


About the Book


They believed their phobias were just nightmares...


They believed Dr Felix Bloom would cure them.


They were...SO WRONG!

Get it Today on Amazon!


Keep reading for an interview with the author:


Where are you from? Does your area have a good writing community? Tell us about it.


New Zealand and yes to some good writing communities, though not really in the 'horror' genre that I write. Mostly the writing communities here are non-fiction.

What genres do you write?


Horror and Thriller

What inspires you to write?


I love knowing that I've given someone an epic tale to read, that inspires me a lot.

How often do you write?


Every day or if that is not possible at least three to four times a week.

How long does it take you to write a novel?


It depends on the novel. Not long really.

If you could be one of your characters for a day, who would it be and why?


Lilly from my first novel ‘Hounded’ because she’s a true woman, with everyday wants and desires, to be thrown into an apocalyptic world and survive takes guts.


What is the most difficult thing you've ever researched?


Locations, in particular for my first two novels that were set in America I had to research the locations deeply, thoroughly and rigorously to get it right.

What is the best compliment you've ever received as an author?


I've been quoted this: If Stephen King and Quintin Tarantino had a love-child it would be you. That is the best compliment for me ever!

Have you ever had a particularly harsh critique? How did you handle it?


Yes I have, and I just ignored it. I didn't dwell on it, I completely ignored it.

About how many books do you read in a year?


70 to 80

Are you a pantser or outliner?


Pantser

Do you have anything specific you'd like to say to your readers?


Thank you for reading my books. I hope to give you much, much more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!