Tuesday 11 July 2017

Board Games by Piken Sander

Piken Sander lives among sprawling oak and aspen in Northern California to where she escaped from colder climes many years hence. Her randy Auntie asked her to ‘tell her a story’, demanding that there be strong women and steamy passion, and this began the writings of Piken as she crafted stories of girl meets boy, girl and boy go through the torture of life and beyond, with at the very least hopeful endings. When her Auntie passed, she left her niece a one-sentence note in her will: “Now publish the damn things.”

Piken’s day consists of writing and social media, and such difficult decisions as which of her dizzying array of wildly colorful pajamas she should wear on a given day. She loves a perfectly steeped cup of good tea. She has few she calls friends, but those in this cadre are cherished and fostered. A political liberal since preteens, she tolerates no racism or bigotry or inequality of any kind, especially in her stories.


Connect with the Author



About the Book


At forty-five, striking Carol Blake has it all: a Chicago corporation she built from the ground up on the verge of international success with a complicated merger, and Brian Cross, who at thirty is the youngest Board member of her company. Against her better judgment, she and Brian fall in love and secretly marry. Marriage is not without your ups and downs, but as the merger grows closer to fruition, Carol’s Board of Directors, including Brian, undercut her to wrest control of her company from her. Betrayed and enraged, Carol must regain control. ...but is it too late?

Get it Today!




Amazon (Ebook & Paperback) | Smashwords | Lulu (Hardcover)


Keep reading for an interview with Carol Blake Cross from Board Games:


Where were you born, and what was it like growing up there?


Midwest, I loved the diversity and the opportunities, and I gravitated to the city of Chicago to pursue my professional goals.

Do you have a close relationship with your family?


I have a crazy-close relationship with one cousin in particular, the fiery Louisa. My five younger brothers have been a constant in my life, protective and loyal to the core.

If you could compare yourself to someone from another novel, who would it be?


Jane Eyre fascinated me as a teenager, a young woman who defied convention to forge her way in a difficult world. I'd like to think I had her backbone.

Who is your enemy?


Greed is my enemy. Greed nearly destroyed my life, not mine, but that of those around me. It can make otherwise intelligent people behave abhorrently.

Who do you most admire in your world?


The incredible ethics of my business friend, Perry, I would and ultimately did trust him with everything.

What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?


I was betrayed and nearly ruined by the people in whom I put the most trust.


What is your greatest fear?


My greatest fear was failure, and working hard and being willing to change was the answer.

What is the most important lesson you've learned about life?


Be willing to trust but never close your eyes.

Do you have any hobbies?


I love to swim! So much so that I had a heated lap pool installed on the side of my house so I could indulge any time I wished.


Do you have a secret you've never told anyone?


I set aside the possibility of a full private life to attain my professional goals, and while I am proud of what I accomplished, there have been times that I looked at the lives of others in my life and wondered...

Have you ever been in love?


I had one special, breathtaking, all-consuming love...and he betrayed me. I wonder if I can ever trust again.

What is your favorite food?


Raised in the Midwest I am a beef girl all the way, nothing like a hearty roast or nice juicy steak!

What do you own that would be hardest to part with?


A certain chair from my bedroom in my Chicago home, many memories surrounding that comfy chair.


If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?


I would have learned much earlier in life the joy of stopping to smell the roses.

What is your greatest virtue?


Determination. I have endured a great deal in my life, and I do not let my determination to succeed and more importantly do the right thing along the way slip from my grasp.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!