Wednesday 14 December 2016

Through the Darkness: Stories of Hope - Amber McCarty


Collaboration in Motion



"I could tell it was fake because it never once reached her eyes"

Inspirational writer, Amber McCarty joined Collaboration In Motion-Women Doing It For Themselves as a contributor to our newest release, Through The Darkness-Stories Of Hope. 




Through the Darkness ~ Stories of Hope

Her advice to fellow authors is, “Don't focus on sales and reviews; It's not about the sales and reviews (although “they say” those make the author). Rather, it's the person behind the story and what you love to do that makes for a great book.”

Mrs. McCarty who currently holds down two jobs in the health-care field began writing therapeutically to calm bouts of depression, and shares that it has been a source of creative escape that she has grown to love.

WADIFTS - Given your love for inspirational writing, what inspires you to write and what is another genre that you might be interested in trying?

Amber McCarty - Well, I get what you might call a writing “itch”! And, when I get that “itch” I just have to write, no matter what the genre. I would, however, like to try non-fiction because generally that is a teaching genre that I can learn something new from. So writing in that genre would give me the opportunity to teach someone something new.

WADIFTS - If you could choose an author to be your mentor, who would it be?

Amber McCarty - Living or dead; I’d have to say, I would choose Laura Ingles Wilder. Her writing was always something that intrigued me.

WADIFTS - quid pro quo: If you were stranded on a deserted island, and you could only have five books with you, what would they be?

Amber McCarty -
  • Through the Darkness ~ Stories of Hope 
  • Over the Rainbow by Friends of Dorothy 
  • Out of the Darkness by Angela Fattig 
  • Any of Stephen King's books
  • Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark


A. McCarty


WADIFTS - What are you working on now?

Amber McCarty - I'm working on completing my first novel entitled, One Christmas Night and a few other short stories. As of yet, I haven’t gotten any ideas to write outside my comfort zone-but maybe soon.

Smiling…

WADIFTS - What book or series do you enjoy reading over and over again? 

Amber McCarty - I will say, the romantic-suspense novel, Shattered Dreams by Angela Fatig is my go-to read. But, there are many books on my “to-read” list such as, Becoming a Legend by Sarah Robinson, Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult, When There's Smoke by Jodi Picoult, and The Melody Lingers by Mary Higgins Clark.

WADIFTS - What is the best compliment you've ever received as an author and the worst critique.

Amber McCarty - The best compliment so far has been, "Keep writing because I am in love with your writing". -That was said by a friend of mine. As far as harsh critiques, I haven't had any yet, but If and when it does happen I will use it to improve.

WADIFTS - quid pro quo: Are you a pantser or outliner?

Amber McCarty - I'm a bit of both. It just depends on the story and if I can get it to flow right away or not.

WADIFTS - Last but not least, do you have anything specific you'd like to say to your readers?

Amber McCarty - Quite humbly, "I’m not sure at this point what to say to my readers except, thank you for taking the time to read my work."

 CIM = HOPE

In a world where challenges multiply exponentially by the second a group of women reach into their past pull out their inspirations and speak to the positive possibilities shrouded in ~ HOPE 

Website
Blog
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter

    OUR INSPIRATION Collaboration In Motion (#CIM) was established in 2016 by a group of women inspired by HOPE.

    1 comment:

    Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!