Monday 9 October 2017

The Wishing Stone #3: Mesmerizing Mermaids by Lorana Hoopes

Lorana Hoopes is an English teacher turned writer. Though she typically writes inspirational romances, she decided to start a children’s series after reading early reader books with her son. While she loved that he was reading, the simple sentences bothered her, so she decided to try something just a step up and The Wishing Stone series was born. Dangerous Dinosaur is the first book in the series, followed by The Dragon Dilemma and now Mesmerizing Mermaids. Stay tuned for Book 4 coming soon! You can follow Lorana’s Amazon author page to find out about the newest releases!





Connect with the Author






About the Book


Spenser was an ordinary boy who hated reading until he was given a magical stone that allowed him to be transported into the books he reads. In this first book of the series, he goes back to prehistoric times where he must help a cave boy save his village from a dinosaur. Will Spenser be able and how will he get home?

Get it Today!



Keep reading for an interview with the author:


Why did you decide to be a writer?


I decided to start a children's series when my son first started reading. All of the early chapter books were simple sentences, and I wanted him to be challenged just a bit more, so I created my own series with my kids as the characters.

Do you have a "day job"?


I am a full-time teacher by day, but I teach mainly middle and high school.


What genres do you write?


I write inspirational romances and this children's fantasy series.

What inspires you to write?


People. I love to people watch and so something they say or something they do gives me inspiration.


How often do you write?


Every day, though my writing time now is usually at night after my kids go to bed, I always try to write a little.

How long does it take you to write a novel?


In the summer I can do it in a month. When I'm working, it's three or longer


What are your goals as an author?


To quit my day job. I'd love to be selling enough books that I can just write for a living and spend more time with my kids.

Does your family support you in your writing, or are you on your own?


Some. My husband doesn't really understand why I write so much and he teases me about being on my laptop all the time, but I think he secretly likes it.

What is the best compliment you've ever received as an author?


I had a reader download my book thinking it was a devotional, but then she liked it so much she stayed up all night reading it cover to cover.

What do you enjoy doing aside from writing?


Kickboxing, singing, and acting

What is the best thing about self-publishing?


Having control over my words, my cover, and my pricing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!