Friday 22 December 2017

Dark Past: A #Romance Novel by L A Cataldo



L. A. Cataldo's books combine romance, thriller, and suspense with a touch of humor. Her approach to writing is fast-paced love, some dark and emotional impact. They're engaged to grab you and keep you wanting.

She is a romantic at heart. She believes that a true romance can become reality. Or maybe in one's dreams.

She lives in Wisconsin with her husband and two sons, and a bunch of dogs running around. "wink" She was raised in a large family of Sicilians. Her mother was an avid reader who passed on her love for books to Laurie.



Connect with the Author




Sign up to her Street Team!



About the Book


Isabella Lovino moved to New York City to hide from the demons of her past, leaving everyone behind. Her troubled history makes it difficult to get a job, but when an opportunity comes up to work at an architectural firm, she takes it. On her first day of work she bumps into a stranger on the street and her whole world changes.

The gorgeous Jason Hart owns his own architectural firm, but that’s not enough. He knows what he wants, and what he wants is the beautiful Isabella Lovino—the same thing he has wanted since college. When he sees her at the restaurant, he knows he can’t let her get away this time. Will she notice him now?


Get it Today!


Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo



Keep reading for an excerpt:


As I walked down the busy streets of New York City headed to my new job, a man walking towards me caught my eye. He was very handsome and I couldn’t stop looking at him—and in New York, that's saying something. He was over 6 feet tall, and even though he was wearing a suit I could see that he was extremely well formed. Very nice, I thought. He had dark wavy hair, and the color of his eyes rivaled the crisp blue of the sky. I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t turn myself away; I just kept staring at him. Oh my, I thought to myself. Just Beautiful! Why does it seem like I’ve seen those eyes before? Maybe in a dream? Hmm. As I got closer to him, he looked my way. I stiffened with the thought of being caught staring. For a moment, I thought he might be looking past me, but as we got closer our eyes locked. My body warmed. I was hypnotized by him. I felt like I was somewhere else, floating in a cloud. In that moment, it felt like he and I were the only people that existed. The energy between us was invigorating.

I shook my head and tried to look away. Get it together, Isabella. As much as I tried, I still couldn’t turn my head away. Right at that moment, I tripped. It was an out of body experience, and I could see myself as I went airborne over the sidewalk and landed on my arms. When I landed, two thoughts crossed my mind: Ouch that hurt! and Oh, how embarrassing! I hoped he hadn’t seen that. I quickly looked up and saw that he had, then lowered my head back down in embarrassment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!