Monday 25 December 2017

The Shadow Realm: Distant Memories - A #Fantasy Novel by J.L. Keathley

I was born and raised in Arkansas. I have been married ten years. I have two daughters. I am thirty but rarely act my age. I started writing last year and have plenty of ideas for books I want to write. I love reading, mostly anything about the supernatural. I am an animal person. I have several animals that include snakes, lizards, sugar gliders, and rats. I have cut down quite a bit. My goal is life is to write stories, my readers can’t put down and to travel around in bus and see the world.





Connect with the Author




About the Book


Jade was a happy normal teenager excited about her upcoming 16th birthday. (Even though it meant being the center of attention, which she hated!) She just knew turning 16 would open up a whole new world to her. She would be getting her driver’s license and a little more freedom.

But Jade's world didn't just change, it shattered into pieces. Unbeknownst to her she was actually a vampire-witch hybrid and belonged to a world that she knew nothing about. Plagued by strange dreams of past lives that she had no memory of, she struggled to control her thirst for fresh blood and her new magic powers, while trying to accept what she had become…



Coming the 25th of March 2018!


Keep reading for an interview with the author:


Why did you decide to be a writer?


I wanted to write the type of story that I want to read.


What genres do you write?


YA and MA Fantasy and Fiction

Is there a genre that you've been wanting to experiment with?


Thriller/Horror. It is different than what I am used to. Think it would make me a better author.

Do you have a daily word or page count goal?


I hope to write at least 500 words, but that isn't always the case. Sometimes I am lucky and can write between 2,000-5,000 words at a sitting.

If you could be one of your characters for a day, who would it be and why?


Jade, she is the main character and has abilities beyond even she knows.

What authors have most influenced you?


Richelle Mead, P.C. Cast, Christopher Pike, Stephanie Meyer, L.J. Smith

What is the biggest obstacle you face as an author and what do you do to overcome it?


The financial cost of publishing. I am sure I am not the only one. A book cover, editor, trailer, programs to write, and ect. can take a lot of money. I have been lucky and have gotten a lot of help with a lot of this for my first book and I am grateful.

What is the best compliment you've ever received as an author?


That is funny. Probably from a beta reader. "You're a mean, mean woman, that was a heck of a cliffhanger. I need more."

What is your writing process?


Create an outline and write what comes to mind.

How long does it take you to write a book?


Including revising probably 5-6 months.

How do you come up with the titles for your books?


They pop into my head randomly.


Have you ever gotten an idea for a story from something really bizarre?


Not yet.. but you never know.

What are you working on now?


Editing my debut novel and a YA southern fiction.

What was the hardest part about writing your latest book?


Trying not to rush it.

Do you have any advice for other authors?


Keep writing, Don't give up.


Do you have anything specific you'd like to say to your readers?


Hope you enjoy my novel when it's released, and don't worry there will be more books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!