Monday 23 April 2018

Adana the Earth Dragon: A #Fantasy #ChildrensFiction Book by Debbie Manber Kupfer




Debbie Manber Kupfer grew up in London and lived in Israel, before somehow ended up in St. Louis, where she works as a puzzle constructor and writer. She lives with her husband, two children, and a very opinionated feline. She is the author of the P.A.W.S. Saga and the picture books, Cecilia's Tale, Esmeralda Grunch and the Red Tulip, and The Great Bobbert. She also created the puzzle book, Paws 4 Logic together with her son, Joey. She believes that with enough tea and dark chocolate you can achieve anything!







Connect with the Author






About the Book


Adana is a small, brown, earth dragon. She longs to play with the other dragons, but none of them will accept her as a friend. One day a giant wanders into the land of the dragons and scares all the other dragons.

Can Adana save the day and prove that even a small brown earth dragon can do big things?

An elemental tale from the author of P.A.W.S. and Esmeralda Grunch and the Red Tulip. Illustrated by Tina Wijesiri.

Get it Today!


Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Debbie's Website






Keep reading for an interview with Adana, the main character of the book:


Where were you born, and what was it like growing up there?


I was born in Dragon Land and it wasn't much fun growing up as all the other dragons didn't really want to play with me.

Who is your enemy?


Not really enemies, but pretty much all the other dragons don't like me very much and the fire dragons can be mean.

Who do you most admire in your world?


The beautiful nature and surrounding. The colors are wondrous.

Tell us a little about your world, and where you fit in?


My world is made up of colorful landscape - caves, forests, lagoons and sandy beaches. There are fours kinds of Dragon that live in my world: Water Dragons, Air Dragons, Fire Dragons and me the Earth Dragon. I am the only Earth Dragon and so I don't fit in well with the others who are all brightly colored and have special skills.

What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?


When I tried gargling with fire water so I could make a flame like the fire dragons. It didn't work and I ended up with a sore throat.

What is the most important lesson you've learned about life?


The even a small brown dragon can sometimes do big things.

What is the strangest situation you've ever found yourself in?


When the Giant came stomping through our world all the dragons were scared of him and hid in my cave.

What is the greatest obstacle you have ever had to face?


The other dragons. I hope someday they'll accept me.

Where is the best place to visit in your world?


My world is beautiful. You should visit everywhere! Be sure to stop by the Lagoon and watch the Water Dragons playing Marco Polo.

Do you have any hobbies?


I love to dig. I've found all different cool rocks in the earth and I keep them in the corner of my cave.

If you could meet someone from another novel, who would it be?


Miro - from Miro the Dragon by Theresa Berg - he seems really nice.

Do you have a secret you've never told anyone?


I don't know how to swim, so couldn't really play with the Water Dragons even if they wanted me too.

What is your favorite food?


There are these delicious truffles that I sometimes find when I dig in certain spots. Yummy!

What do you own that would be hardest to part with?


I have one particular rock that I found a few years ago with a silver strand running through it. When I hold it, it makes me feel happy. I would hate to lose it.

What was the most exciting adventure you've ever been on?


You're going to have to read my book to find that one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!