Wednesday 27 June 2018

My Life As A Rock Album: A #Romance #Novel by LJ Evans




Award-winning author, LJ Evans, is known for binge reading, binge-watching, and binge writing. She is routinely inspired by music and will pull over the car to write a book scene when a particular song strikes her imagination. Her my life as an album series debuted in 2017 with my life as a country album which won The Independent Author Network’s Young Adult Book of the Year and was a finalist in the National Indie Excellence Awards. The second in the series, my life as a pop album, released in January. The third book, my life as a rock album, releases in June 2018. By day she’s a 1st-grade teacher in a public school in California’s Central Valley. By night, she’s a wife, mother, and pillow for the 3 terrors known as cats. Find out more about LJ and her books at www.ljevansbooks.com



Connect with the Author




Participate in Monthly Giveaway!



About the Book


“They took broken and made it art”


SETH
I’m a trash artist.
I’m a recovering alcoholic.
I’m a rude bastard.

It’s why I was better of alone until feisty blogger PJ Hensley entered my life with her fairy-like quality. Suddenly I couldn’t imagine a life without her in it. And when she loved me and left me, it was what I expected but it isn’t what I wanted.

And because I couldn’t just let her go, I’ve spent the last five months writing her letters trying to convince her to come home even though I know she won’t. I don’t deserve for her to come back.

PJ
I was ignoring my screwed up past and a bunch of stalker-like texts while focusing on graduating college. The last thing I needed was a moody trash artist entering my world. But like all things Seth, he entered my life anyway with an intensity and focus that left me breathless.

And when the summer collided into one big mess, I ran. To try to heal. To try and escape. But Seth’s letters are tearing at my soul and slowly reeling me back in. He’s almost convinced me that he can weld our lives back together into something beautiful. Almost…

From award-winning author LJ Evans comes a novel inspired by Bon Jovi songs that shows how love and acceptance can heal even the toughest scars.

Get it today on Amazon!






Keep reading for an excerpt:


PJ opens the letter from Seth with trepidation. She’d moved almost three thousand miles away from him on purpose. It wasn’t just to attend grad school. Although that was what she told him and everyone else in her life.

She’d walked way because she’d been drowning.

She’d been lost in a wave of Seth.

She’d been lost in her own past and her own mistakes.

She’d moved to New York so she could breathe.

And she is. Breathing. Living. She’s started school. She’s going out with Haley and Mina without having as many anxiety attacks. She’s enjoying her classes.

It’s why she’d waited two days before opening the letter. She hadn’t been sure she could handle the intensity of Seth. It was why she hadn’t given him her new phone number because she’d known he couldn’t resist calling and demanding that she respond. She’d known his voice would draw her back into the depths of the sea she’d just escaped.

She’d given him the address to the apartment instead. She’d assumed a letter would be safer. That she could read a letter and set it aside without feeling like she had to respond right away, if at all. And, if she was being honest, she hadn’t thought he’d write. Seth, artist that he was, was always a man of few words and letters seemed like more words than he was capable of.

She hadn’t counted on his need for her to counter his lack of communication skills.

As soon as she reads the letter it brings her back to him and everything that happened in the crazy three and half months that they were together.

What she hadn’t expected was to be filled with such longing. Longing to wrap her arms around his muscled torso. Longing to reassure the man with the broken kid inside of him that she did in fact still love him. Longing to feel beautiful, adored, and safe as she always had when she was with him.

But. That longing. All of those feelings. They were exactly why she had left. There was more to her than longing. There was more to her than being Seth’s whole world.

She needs to do this for her. She needs to do this for him. She needs to do this for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!