Friday 18 May 2018

Avarice & Charity: A #Romance #Novel by Faye Hall

Come on a journey with me through 19th century North Queensland, Australia and explore the passions and hardships of unique characters.

There is corruption, deceit and murder, as well as cattle rustlers, slave traders and hellfire clubs. Explore townships of Jarvisfield and Inkerman, as well as Ravenswood and Bowen. One book even incorporates my great grandmother's cattle station 'Inkerman Downs Station'.

As well as an author, I am also the most spoilt wife in the world and a very contented mother.

Come and discover all the passion and drama of North Queensland history with me @ https://www.faye-hall.com



Connect with the Author





About the Book


Would you risk everything to protect the one you love from relentless greed?


After the death of her mother, Charity Bohdan vowed to carry on her work—providing free treatment to those who are sick or injured. What started off as patching up wounds soon took a very different direction when she was being called to treat young women who'd been brutally raped and left pregnant. She knows the risks involved with treating and re-homing these women, but she can't turn them away.

When Charity is called to treat a drunk's wounded hand, she expects to find some elderly station hand. Instead, she finds a handsome, young man, who isn't drunk at all. As she tends to his injury, she can't ignore the feelings he stirs inside her when their skin touches.

Avarice Licciardi has spent his life working for his father—a greedy, loveless man who has destroyed everyone in his way. But when Avarice meets Charity, a woman with the touch of an angel, he discovers there's something he craves much more than his father's money. He wants this woman to be a part of his life.

As they spend time together, talking of Irish legends and going on picnics, Avarice begins to win the beautiful woman's heart. But then his father orders him to retrieve some hidden papers at Charity's estate. He refuses…until his father threatens to go get the papers himself. Avarice is determined to protect Charity from this brutal man—even if that means deceiving her.

What Avarice finds at her estate is a hidden tunnel with incriminating mysteries far greater than hidden papers. Together Avarice and Charity uncover secrets from the past that sicken their souls as an evil, greedy man threatens to tear them apart in his search for the evidence hidden at the Bohdan estate.

Get it Today!


Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo | Beachwalk Press






Keep reading for an interview with the author:


Why did you decide to be a writer?


I love telling stories and my parents always encouraged me to write them down so I didn't forget them. Eventually, those stories became longer and longer.

Where are you from?


I'm from a small sugarcane farming town in North Queensland, Australia that has a very limited writing community.

What genres do you write?


Australian Historical Romantic Suspense

How often do you write?


I try every day but as my husband is a shift worker and I have 5 young children at school this doesn't always happen. I write what I can when I can.

Does your family support you in your writing, or are you on your own?


My family is very supportive in so many ways from web designing, to plot ideas to just listening to me ramble.

Have you ever had a particularly harsh critique?


I think we all eventually get a harsh critique. It goes with the job. First time it happened it was like a knife in the heart, but now I just get up and go outside and walk around the garden for a bit to clear the mind.

What is the best writing advice you've ever received?


That a bad first draft is better than a blank page.

Are you a pantser or outliner?


I usually start outlining but then the story just takes itself wherever it's meant to go.

Do you write about real life experiences, or does everything come from your imagination?


A lot of my own family history goes into my books, but then I elaborate it for the story.

What was the hardest part about writing your latest book?


Given the theme of the series I'm currently working on, I have it harder than usual knowing that I have to stick to a certain subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!