Monday 14 May 2018

Birdplane: A #ChildrensFiction Story by Tonya Coffey

Tonya Coffey lives in southern Kentucky with her husband and two teen sons. If she isn't reading or writing a fantasy novel, you will find her sitting in front of a canvas, painting the landscape that is so abundant around her home.

Connect with the Author



Subscribe to Tonya's Newsletter!



About the Book


Tiny Tom is a little ant with big dreams. He wants to soar above the treetops like the birds.

Get it today on Amazon!



Keep reading for an interview with the author:


Why did you decide to be a writer?


I was always good at telling stories. When my kids got big enough that they didn't need me anymore, I decided to take a writing class and it started there.

Did you have a hard time sharing your work with the public?


The first time I sent a story to a publisher, I was terrified. When I was published, I was excited but when I stood up in front of a dozen librarians to talk about the book, I'd never been so nervous. I was scared they wouldn't like it. That they would judge me but I was wrong.

Where are you from?


I'm from a very small town in rural Kentucky. When I first started writing, many years ago, there weren't any groups. Today, there is a handful within an hour drive.

What genres do you write?


I'm all about fantasy, paranormal stuff. I love to create places you may not have thought would exist. Pushing the boundaries of one's imagination is pretty great.

What inspires you to write?


The outdoors, my kids, life in general. I take so much of my experiences and put them into the stories I write. It could be from the smallest thing, like a flower, to the biggest, my son's first heartbreak.

How often do you write?


I write every single day, all day long. When I'm cleaning the house, I'll get an idea for what I've been working on and run to my papers (yes, I use a pencil and paper for the first draft) write the next page or two and go back to cleaning.

How long does it take you to write a novel?


The shortest amount was six months. The longest was about three years. My series, A New World, took me years to get the first book right.

Does your family support you in your writing, or are you on your own?


My family supports me to in everything I do. I don't work, so I depend on my husband to pay for everything. He is awesome! He lets me write my books, pays for what I ask for and complains a little.

What do you enjoy doing aside from writing?


I love to paint. I actual thought growing up I'd be an artist with my work in a museum but fate had other plans. I still paint, do portraits and doodle with illustrations. Birdplane was my first illustrative work.

What made you decide to self-publish?


I decided to self-publish this book because it was my son's vision. When he was little, he told me how funny it would be if bugs flew birds around. The idea stuck with me so I had to turn it into a book for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!