Saturday 30 May 2015

Shadow Stalker: Turning Tides by Renee Scattergood

Renee Scattergood lives in Australia with her husband, Nathan, and daughter, Taiya. She has always been a fan of fantasy and was inspired to become a story-teller by George Lucas, but didn't start considering writing down her stories until she reached her late twenties. Now she enjoys writing fantasy. She is currently publishing her monthly Shadow Stalker series, and she has published a prequel novella to the series called, Demon Hunt. She is also working on a new series, Savior of the Serpent Isles. The first book, The Galvadi Invasion, is due to be released later this year. Aside from writing, she loves reading (Fantasy, of course), watching movies with her family, and doing crafts and science experiments with her daughter. Find out more about her, and sign up for her newsletter for a free copy of her latest episode of Shadow Stalker: http://reneescattergood.com

Connect with the Author


Renee Writes - my personal website and blog.

About Shadow Stalker: Turning Tides (Episode 9)


Makari has finally come to realize Auren is not the delohi-saqu, and his father, Drevin, Emperor of the Galvadi, has been wrong about her all along. He goes to Zain, Auren's father, for help to heal Auren's mind after he had wrongfully broken her. Now Makari vows to protect Auren and help her escape, but she refuses to leave without her father.

Auren and Makari's love for each other grows, and the connection they share deepens. They have to be careful, however. Spending too much time together is causing the other guides to grow suspicious. Makari's loyalty is tested, and he is forced to do something he swore he'd never do again.

Buy the Book



Excerpt from Shadow Stalker: Turning Tides (Episode 9)


The only time [Makari] shut me out was when he had to participate in a cleansing session. The knowledge that it had never been necessary, and the fact it was his father's way of brainwashing people, weighed on him greatly. It was why he didn't want to involve me. He didn't want me to see him hurting others. It didn’t change how I felt about him, nothing could, but Makari feared it would taint our connection somehow. Of course I could always see it in his mind afterward, but I never said anything.

"Isn't there any way you can avoid it?" I asked him one afternoon.

"No. Some of the guides are growing suspicious. I'm afraid it won't be long before someone decides to investigate or test my loyalties."

I hadn't realized how bad it was for him. "We've been so careful though."

"I know. It's nothing we're doing wrong. Some of the guides are naturally suspicious, and the time I've spent with you is not normal. It's not unheard of for a guide to focus attention on a person who is difficult, but because of my reaction to you in the office that night, I may have given away the fact that we knew each other."

"Oh, the lizard comment?"

Makari nodded. "That, and my familiarity with you, yes. I wasn't trying to be careful then because I had every intention on turning you over to my father. Eventually. Had I known what would happen, I would have been more discreet."

I shrugged. "You can't change the past."

"No, but Auren, you have to promise me something."

"Okay," I said, though I didn’t like his tone.

"If something happens, I’ll send you a warning through our connection. If that happens, you have to promise me you’ll leave Nadiria and go back to Kado so he can keep you safe."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't need anyone to keep me safe, Makari. I'm not helpless."

"I know that. But I promised your father I'd protect you," he said, gripping my arms. "If I send you a warning, it will be because they know you're here and that I've betrayed them."

"So, I'm supposed to run and leave you to your death?" I said, my chest constricting. "I can't do that. I can't live without you."

"Then leave and trust that I can take care of myself."

"What if they put a recinder on you? What if they put one on me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!