Wednesday 29 November 2017

Atancia by Wren Figueiro



Wren Figueiro is the author of The Durand Duology, a paranormal romance series for young adults. She first decided to write the story after a long conversation with her sister where they both grumbled that the majority of PNRs they had read lacked an element of surprise. She set out to write a story that she hoped would leave readers guessing. She’d love to know if she’s succeeded. Send her a note and let her know if all the plotting worked!


Connect with the Author



About the Book


Atancia is a paranormal romance for young adults. It tells the story of Atancia Clark, a young woman who discovers she is Durand—an immortal being who survives by transferring energy from other living things.

Get it today on Amazon!


Keep reading for an interview with Matthew, a character from the book:


Did you have a close relationship with your family?


I had a close relationship with my mother. She was the only family I knew growing up. I'm trying now to form a relationship with my half-brothers. I only met them recently.

What is the happiest memory from your childhood?


Running around the Greek island of Poros. I would play on the beach and then meet my mother for lunch. Everything I ate there was extraordinary.

Tell us a little about your world, and where you fit in.


My world is limited by my nature. I am immortal and therefore need to keep a low profile. While my people have money, we cannot do anything that would make us conspicuous.

I am Durand, but just barely. I come from a line that started as human. My mother did not have enough Durand blood to be immortal. I am the first of her family with the ability to transfer energy.

What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?


When I met Atancia Clark for the first time, and I blurted out how beautiful she was. Apparently being covered in mud at our meeting wasn't embarrassing enough; I had to add some more to the pile by staring at my brother's girlfriend while he stood right there next to her.

What is the greatest obstacle you have ever had to face?


Losing my mother. She died when I was starting college. I was quickly found by my half-brothers and asked to live with them and my father, but my mother had always kept me separate. She didn't really tell me why. It makes it difficult to trust people. I don't have anyone I feel I can speak to about what it was like for me to lose her.

Do you have any hobbies?


I like to ride my mountain bike. I also play the guitar and sing in a band with a couple of friends.

What is your favorite food?


All food is my favorite food, especially since I'm told eventually I'll stop caring about eating any. Durand prefer the "taste" of energy as they mature. If I had to choose one food though, I'd say moussaka. It's like a lasagna made with eggplant, ground beef and bechamel.

What do you own that would be hardest to part with?


The guitar my mother gave me.

What do you regret most in your life?


Not being with my mother when she died.

Would you ever or have you ever lied?


Funny you should ask. I have this ability that makes people tell the truth whenever I ask a question. In light of that, I find it would be unfair for me to lie. I usually blurt out the truth even when I know others will find me awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!