Saturday 22 April 2017

They Wait in the Woods by S. M. Sevón



S. M. Sevón is a technical writer and translator who for the past few years has been a working-at-home-mom of two, living with her part Danish family in the heart of Finland. Her career as a writer of fiction already spans two decades, but "They Wait in the Woods" is her first official publication. The story of the book is continued in her second novel, "What Human Remains".

Connect with the Author




About the Book


Shortlisted for Literary Lightbox Indie Spotlight in 2016


The woods are lovely, dark and deep.

Four university buddies go out to the Lewis family cabin near Tahoe for a few days of outdoor sports and hard partying. The stay has a horrible end, however, when three of the young men are found brutally murdered while the last one of the party has gone missing, presumed to be responsible for the killings.

Their best friend may be the prime suspect, but was he really responsible for the murders as evidence points to something far more sinister, something more beast than man?

Fueled by concern over the welfare of their best friend and tormented by all the unanswered questions, Bonnie and Eric decide to take a late-night drive to the cabin and take a look at the scene of the crime for themselves. The plan is simple: a quick look around and a return home before morning classes start.

But they have no idea of what savage secrets wait for them in the woods.

Get it Today!


Amazon | Barnes and Noble | AbeBooks | Alibris | BookDepository | Indiebound


Keep reading for an interview with the author:


Why did you decide to be a writer?


I already tried my hand at writing as a kid, but I found my proper voice and writing groove during my student years.

Did you have a hard time sharing your work with the public?


Yes, I am very private, but it was my husband - who is my everything - who apparently saw talent, inspired and encouraged me to write and eventually got me to publish. I also feel I have the best editing team a writer could ever ask for. They have given me the support, critique, inspiration and faith in my work to do what I do.

Do you have a "day job"?


I'm a translator and a technical writer. I have a master's degree in translation and interpretation.

What genres do you write?


Many different ones. I have some unpublished fantasy, cyberpunk and sci-fi material, however, I've currently focused on paranormal suspense with elements of horror.

What inspires you to write?


My crazy, overactive imagination that doesn't know how to be quiet.

How often do you write?


Every day. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

How long does it take you to write a novel?


On average, a couple of years.


What is the quirkiest thing you've ever done while writing?


I write listening to music - and I mean always. The writing starts only once I have my headphones on. I also have a tendency to listen to specific types of music when working on a specific genre - and the choice is not a conscious one. I just get inspired by a specific type of music and I start writing. The combinations can be a little strange at times. As an example, I wrote fantasy to heavy metal. The Bonnie Parker books were written to EDM (especially nu disco). Go figure.

What is the oddest thing you've ever researched for one of your books?


There are so many! In my work as a translator, I specialize in both medical and technical materials, so the definition of "odd" is probably not the same for me as for others. I think my browser search history is very interesting indeed.


When did you first consider yourself an author?


When I held a paperback copy of my first book in my hands. Reading the title text on it and seeing my name was just something incredibly special.


Does your family support you in your writing, or are you on your own?


Yes, my family supports me even though I am sure that my long hours at the keyboard can be annoying at times.

Do you feel the support of family and friends is helpful to you as an author?


I am where I am thanks to my family's support.

What are you working on now?


I am currently working on the third book in the Bonnie Parker series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!