Wednesday 1 August 2018

Legends: Catori - A #Romance #Novel by Maggie Adams




Maggie Adams is an Amazon best-selling romance author. Her first book in the Tempered Steel Series, Whistlin’ Dixie, debuted in Amazon’s Top 100 for Women’s Fiction, humor, on November 2014. Since then, she has consistently made the Amazon Top 100 list with her Tempered Steel Series. Her series has launched the tiny town of Grafton, Illinois, into international recognition with sales in Mexico, Ireland, Scotland, Australia and the UK. She is the recipient of various awards for excellence including Dayreader Reviews Best of 2015, the Readers Favorite Award 2016, the Indie Romance Convention Romantic Comedy Award 2017 and the 2017 New Apple Awards -Suspense
She also writes erotica, paranormal romance, young adult romance and women’s fiction. Maggie’s books can be found on eBook and paperback on her website and all book sites.

When she’s not writing, she can be found dancing, singing and cooking (usually all at the same time), and spending time with her family and friends.

Connect with the Author






About the Book


It’s hard to keep secrets in a small town…It’s even harder to keep a secret that could expose not only your family but an entire species. That’s what Frankie Cavanaugh must do. As the daughter of the leader of the Wisdom Council, it’s up to her to step into her father’s shoes until another leader is chosen.

Tanner Coalson is fresh out of college and ready to tackle whatever life has in store for him. First item on his to-do list is marrying the woman he has loved for years. He knows Frankie will balk at the notion because she’s fifteen years older and was his childhood sitter.

But convincing her they are destined to be together gets much harder when she is kidnapped by an old enemy. Frankie may have to reveal her secret, and Tanner may have to accept what seems impossible or reject the love of his life.

Get it Today!


Amazon | Smashwords | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo



Keep reading for an interview with the author:


Where are you from? Does your area have a good writing community?


I'm originally from the small town of Grafton, IL, which is the setting for most of my books. It was a village along the Mississippi River, with small fishing shacks and few amenities. But in 1993, the Mississippir River overflowed it's banks and our town was thirty feet above flood stage. Mostly you could see rooftops. When the river receded, then came the cleanup and rebuild. It's now bigger and better than ever - a regular tourist spot! So that's how I got my idea for the Tempered Steel Series, seven brothers and community rebuilding their hometown. Grafton also boasts a depiction of the "Piasa Bird" a Native American legend about a winged monster that carries off humans. That is where my newest series, Legends, comes from. So Yes! I have a great writing community and plenty of inspiration in my hometown.

Do you have a "day job"?


By day, I'm a mild-mannered daycare owner - infants to age 10. By night, the voracious writer of steamy tales of suspense and intrigue and things that go bump in the night!

What genres do you write?


contemporary romance - all subgenres, including women's sensual erotica

What is the oddest thing you've ever researched for one of your books?


How to shoot someone in the neck in a driveby using a small gun riding a motorcycle.

What is the most difficult thing you've ever researched?


BDSM - I always want to know the "why" of things; it was difficult to phrase my questions and keep the conversation open and honest. I was afraid I would offend or insult, but most people I interviewed were quite open and honest and understood what I was trying to say when I fumbled with wording.

When did you first consider yourself an author?


When I hit publish on "Whistlin' Dixie", my first novel. It didn't matter if I sold one or thousands; I had done it - I made my dream a reality.

What is the biggest obstacle you face as an author and what do you do to overcome it?


I'm my own worst critic, and it's sabotaged me time and again. Now when I feel inadequate, I put up mental blocks by telling myself to look at all I've accomplished with my life.

Does your family support you in your writing, or are you on your own?


My family supports me unequivocally - my son set up my website and social media, my daughter took care of the business infrastructure, my husband is head of my research and development (and not just of the sexy stuff! lol) and I have other relatives that beta read and proofread for me.

Have you ever had a particularly harsh critique?


Yes. While I try to use all criticism as a learning experience, there was one reviewer who didn't critique the book, she critiqued the genre, my readers, and myself with insulting comments like "if you read this kind of stuff" or "how you manage not to vomit at love scenes". This, of course, was a reflection of her lack of decorum with polite discourse, but I couldn't let her go comments go unanswered. I politely made reference to the millions of loyal romance book readers and that although I found her criticism to be lacking in specific points, I, unlike her, was willing to accept her opinion on my profession as opposed to my specific book. However, her insults to my friends and fans were uncalled for and reflected poorly on her own character.

Do you have anything specific you'd like to say to your readers?


No matter what genre you read, PLEASE continue to read, review and recommend books!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!