Monday 30 July 2018

Love's Second Chance: A #Romance #Novel by RM James

R.M. James is also known as Reina R. Gonzalez, currently working on a Doctor of Business Administration at Northcentral University. Graduated from the University of Phoenix with a Master’s Degree in Health Administration/Education from Armstrong Atlantic State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Spanish, and South University with a Certificate in Accounting.

I live in a small rural town in Georgia just five minutes from the South Carolina state line. I was born in Manhattan and raised in Queens, New York.

I have a furry companion named, Bailey who’s my best friend, as well as my therapy cat. Bailey knows when I don’t feel well and jumps on my lap just to stay with me. She’s a diluted tortie-shell with attitude galore!

I have two grown boys with careers of whom I love dearly. I have a grandson that I love to spoil and another on the way in July!

Honestly, the writing wasn't my first career choice, being a medical doctor was. I wanted to help people. My career in writing began in 2012 when I was forced to stop working due to some ailments. Because I didn't want my college education going to waste, I thought of contemporary and paranormal romance.

My favorite hobbies are crocheting, knitting, quilting, paint-by-numbers, and drinking lots of strong coffee that’ll put hair on anyone's chest!

Connect with the Author




Get New Release & Giveaway Notices!



About the Book


Living with guilt is the worst feeling in the world... Ley Moore (now Jared) and Willie Ramsey were teenage sweethearts, bound to marry and start a new life together; but, they lived in two different states. She in New York and he in New Jersey. They both had to, constantly sneak away to see the other behind their parents back and without permission. Until Willie stopped coming around leading Ley to believe he did not want her anymore.

Left feeling lonely, she let herself be seduced by another young guy, Andrew Jared, becoming pregnant at 17. Being a pregnant teenager was considered taboo back then (well according to her old-fashioned parents) and made to marry the father of her unborn child leaving everything behind including her heart.

Now at 46, a career woman, wife, and mother of two adult sons, she still carries the guilt of leaving her relationship with Willie open-ended. Living in Georgia, she embarks in a search, to find her childhood love to explain the circumstances that led her to marry another man. Only to find Willie living in another city of New Jersey with a family of his own...22 years later!

As they carry on written email communications on a daily basis about their marital problems, they find out they still carried a torch for each another, taking them to an adventure they thought would never happen. But time can only tell if this could be their Loves Second Chance...

Get it today on Amazon!



Keep reading for an excerpt:


At that moment, the thought of my ex-boyfriend, Willie came up. William Ramsey. Now there's a name I haven’t thought of in a while! Why all of a sudden am I thinking of him, as I turn on my car to pull out of the parking lot.

Driving home, I'm thinking of the crazy and explicit things Willie, and I used to do as teenagers. At the time, he was seventeen, I was sixteen. We were together on and off for four years as kids because we had to seek permission to go out.

I used to tell my mom I was going roller skating with my best friend, Liz only to sneak off to Hoboken, New Jersey. The thought of us sneaking around put a smile on my face, and led me to ask, "Oh Willie, where are you now?" I still have so many unanswered questions as to why he kept disappearing so much from me. I had no way to know my life was about to take an interesting turn in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!