Monday, 19 December 2016

Through the Darkness: Stories of Hope - K.K. Harris

Collaboration in Motion


K.K. Harris - Let me start by saying, thank you to all of my fans who support my work consistently; I love you, and it has been an amazing journey!

Currently, I am working with a group of women writers on a project entitled Collaboration In Motion-Women Doing It For Themselves. Our first book is called, Through The Darkness-Stories Of Hope of which I not only contributed my writing skills but graphic designs as well. 


Through the Darkness ~ Stories of Hope



“Are you stalking me? How did you know where I lived?” 
WADIFTS - With so many genres in your literary repertoire, such as urban fiction, Christian romance, paranormal romance, and crime (just to name a few) we are all curious to know, just what inspires you and what is your process?

K.K. Harris - My creative juices are driven by my imagination and the overall love to create. As far as my process, I would have to say that I am not the traditional outliner. For instance, I can spend a fair amount of time outlining/planning a story and then, just-like-that, change 85% of it before the end! ...So I guess that makes me a bit of a "pantser". To expound, my creative mind is always open to inspiration from different sources-music being one of them-I love Jill Scott and she has this snippet of a song called "Crown Royal on Ice." One day while listening to it, I had a vision of a couples retreat centered around getting to love again. Some pretty interesting happy endings popped off in that tale... After all, If I could choose a mentor, it would be Romance author, Francis Ray.

WADIFTS - That sounds intriguing! Aside from that little brain-tease, what are you working on aside from Through The Darkness-Stories Of Hope?

K.K. Harris - A personal story that I named Never Enough. It will be seriously deep and possibly a tear jerker- but I have put it off long enough. I also own a janitorial service, but my most important and satisfying occupation is that of mother and wife.

WADIFTS - Your life sounds very well rounded and conducive for great story-telling. Speaking of which, are there any stories that you enjoy reading over and over again?

K.K. Harris - Well, thank you. And I would have to say that my life is conducive for great story telling because one of the greatest compliments that I ever received was, "You wrote my life story, I can relate to your characters."

...And selfishly, the stories that I enjoy reading over and over are a set of books entitled, The Crew
Series, which I began authoring in 2013. ...I know how they end, yet, I still cry when my main character cries. Lol... I'm a sap!





WADIFTS - If you were stranded on a deserted island, and you could only have five books with you, what would they be?

K.K. Harris -
  • Through the Darkness ~ Stories of Hope
  • Brock's Redemption - EJ Brock
  • Stealing Innocence - Sylvia Hubbard, D. 
  • Love Drug - K. K. Harris
  • The rest of the series to any book above...lol

WADIFTS - Have you ever had a particularly harsh critique? If so, how did you handle it?

K.K. Harris - I've had, who I considered to be, irrational reviewers who claim another book is better or there were too many errors... I simply responded with questions of my own, like "What were the terrible points?" "What could I have done different?" "Point out the errors"... But alas, no response.

WADIFTS - I commend you're patience and professionalism in those situations. Oft times readers don't realize what you pour into a story. Last but not least, Mrs. Harris, do you have any advice for other authors?

K.K. Harris - Grind hard, and when you think you have done enough, grind harder.

 CIM = HOPE

In a world where challenges multiply exponentially by the second a group of women reach into their past pull out their inspirations and speak to the positive possibilities shrouded in ~ HOPE 

Website
Blog
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter

    OUR INSPIRATION Collaboration In Motion (#CIM) was established in 2016 by a group of women inspired by HOPE. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!

    Browse by Author

    A.R. Brown A.S. Crowder Alessandra Torre Alexander Wallis Alexis Lantgen Ali Cross Alistair Cross Allison D. Reid Amber McCarty Amie Irene Winters Amy Koppelman Amy Rose Bennett Anais Chartschenko Andrea R. Cooper Andrew Daly Andrew Gates Annette Montez Kolda Archer Kay Leah Artemis Crow Arthur M. Doweyko Ben Jackson Beth Schulman Betty Jean Craige Bluette Matthey Brent A. Harris Brent Ayscough Brooklyn Ann C H Clepitt C.B. MacGillavry C.M. Huddleston Carl Schmidt Carol Ann Kauffman Caroline A. DeJong Carolyn Watts Catherine Green CC Hogan Cesario Picca Charlotte Henley Babb Cheri Lasota Cheri Schmidt Chris Berman Chris Sarantopoulos Christa Wojciechowski Christine Haggerty Christopher Mannino Christy Lynn Abram CJ Matthew Connie Johnson Hambley Connie Lacy Connie T. Colon Coreena McBurnie D. Odell Benson D.B. Mauldin D.H. Gibbs Dan Sofer Darke Conteur Debbie Manber Kupfer Diana Strenka Dimitri Sarantis E. A. Barker E.E. Smith E.P. Clark Elaine LeClaire Elizabeth Raven Elizabeth Stephens Ellie Douglas Erik Henry Vick Erin Bedford Fiona Skye Francis H.Powell Frankie Bailey G H Neale Genevieve Raas Gerrie Ferris Finger Gina Briganti Gino Bardi Glenn McGoldrick Grant Leishman H.M. Jones Herta Feely Iris Sweetwater Ismael Manzano J Lenni Dorner J.D.R. Hawkins J.J. White J.L. Hendricks J.N. Sheats Jack Brutus Penny Jada Ryker Jamie Cortland Jan Marie Janell Butler Wojtowicz Jayme Beddingfield Jean Lowe Carlson Jeffrey Bardwell Jeffrey M. Thompson Jr. Jesse Teller Jessica Lauryn JESSie NW Joshua Robertson Joyce McPherson Judy Alter Julie Anne Addicott K. K. Harris Kandi J Wyatt Katharine Grubb Kathryn Elizabeth Jones Kelly Wilson Kerry Watts Kim Alexander Kirsten Campbell KJ Hawkins Lacey Dancer Lakshmi Raj Sharma Larry Watts Laura Elvebak LB Gilbert Lee Dunning Lincoln Cole Linda Lee Kane Lonnie Ostrow Lorana Hoopes Louise Findlay M. Black M. Handy M.E. May M.G. Marshall M.J. Evans M.J. Moores Maggie Kast Mara Powers Maria Grazia Swan Maria Riegger Mark Pannebecker Mark Piggott Mary M Schmidt Melissa A. Joy Melissa Barker-Simpson Melissa Saari Mohy Omar Nan Klee Nat Hobson Nichole Giles Nicole Chason Olly Cunningham P.J. Nunn P.R. Principe Paul Briggs Paul Lonardo Piken Sander Quan Williams Quanie Miller R.R. Brooks Radine Trees Nehring Randall Lemon Rebecca Jaycox Renee Scattergood Rita Emmett RJ Mirabal RM James Robin Deeter Robin Leigh Anderson Ronelle Antoinette Roxanne Heath S. M. Sevón S.J. Cairns S.L. Smith Sadia Ash Samantha Bryant Samantha E. Payne Scott T Evans Shanna Lauffey Shaun Hume Stephanie Baruffi Sue Owens Wright Sylvie Stewart Tabi Slick Tabitha Barret Tahlia Newland Tam May Tara Botel Doherty Taren Reese Ocoda Teiran Smith Thomas Duder Tim Baker Tim W Byrd TK Lawyer Tom Fallwell Tonya Coffey Tracy Shew Tricia Copeland V.M. Sang Vanya Ferreira Vijaya Gowrisankar Whitney Rines Wren Figueiro