Wednesday 24 January 2018

Shadow Stalker Part 3 (Episodes 13 - 18): A #YA #Fantasy #Serial by Renee Scattergood




Renee Scattergood lives in Australia with her husband, Nathan, and daughter, Taiya. She has always been a fan of fantasy and was inspired to become a story-teller by George Lucas, but didn't start considering writing down her stories until she reached her late twenties. Now she enjoys writing dark fantasy and paranormal thrillers.

She is currently publishing her monthly Shadow Stalker serial, and she has published a prequel novella to the series called, Demon Hunt. She is also working on a new series of novels, A God's Deception.

Aside from writing, she loves reading (fantasy, of course), watching movies with her family, and doing crafts and science experiments with her daughter. Visit her site for more information and a free copy of Shadow Stalker Part 1 (Episodes 1 – 6).

Connect with the Author




Get a Free Book


About the Book


Things go from bad to worse when the Galvadi Empire develops a new technology to use against the shadow stalkers. Now Kado and Makari are more determined than ever to keep Auren away from their enemies, but Auren decides enough is enough and takes matters into her own hands. She turns herself over to the Galvadi to get close to Drevin and Makari has no choice but to play along. He is forced to either torture Auren to prove his loyalty or die knowing she will be tortured and enslaved anyway. Somehow they must get close enough to Drevin to bring him down and put an end to the Galvadi’s tyranny once and for all.

Episode 13: Defiance


Three years have passed since Auren and Shai escaped the daily torture of the Galvadi. With Makari's help, they have learned more about the Galvadi's technology and discovered ways to overcome its effects on their power, which gave them an edge in the war. However, the Galvadi have spent that time developing new technology that could mean the end of the shadow stalkers.


Episode 14: Falling to Pieces


Things go from bad to worse after Cali is captured by the Galvadi. The new technology they have employed is making a rescue attempt impossible and endangering the lives of all the shadow stalkers. Auren refuses to give up though, but the more she tries to fix thing, the more Kado tightens the leash.

Episode 15: Into My Own


Just when Auren thinks she’d had enough of Kado’s overbearing and overprotective nature, he surprises her by apologizing and admitting he had been wrong. Auren finally accepts that she is not at fault for Cali’s death after visiting her in the shadow world, but Kado and Makari are still preventing her from confronting Drevin. They don’t feel she is ready, and Auren is beginning to believe they will never let her fulfil her destiny. It’s time she takes matters into her own hands.


Episode 16: A New Emperor


Makari is told the only way he can prove his loyalty is by torturing Auren, but he refuses to go through it. So Jharak, Drevin’s master interrogator, took the liberty to be the one to break her, but in the end, it would take forcing her to watch him torture and kill Makari.

Episode 17: Allies to Enemies Part 1


Traitors are weeded out and new allies are found. Auren and Makari are determined to bring peace once again to the Serpent Isles, but they have a deadline. If they don’t make it in time, they could end up at war with their own people.


Episode 18: Allies to Enemies Part 2


General Graves wants Auren and Makari dead. When Makari demands one of Graves’ men, who secretly supports Makari, is sent to him for extra security at the palace, Graves uses a mind control drug to get him to assassinate them. Will Auren and Makari learn what happened before it’s too late?

Get it half price here!


Or


Get it Free for a limited time by Signing Up to her Newsletter!



Keep reading for an excerpt:


"We are not going to revisit this argument." Kado grabbed my arm to stop my pacing and turned me to face him. "You are not ready to face Drevin yet."

"I'll never be ready in your eyes. I don't even understand why it's up to you to decide."

"Because I am your Foramar and your mentor, Auren," Kado yelled, slamming his fist on the stone slab he used for a table. "You will do exactly as you're told and nothing more. Have I made myself clear?"

I screamed in frustration and stormed out of the cave. I needed to be away from him. For the last three years, I'd had all this stuff about my destiny shoved down my throat. All I wanted was to get it over with so I could finally go back to some kind of normal life. If Kado had his way though, I would never be allowed to do what needed to be done. I laughed at the irony. When this all first started, I wanted nothing to do with it. Now, as time went on, I sensed this inexplicable pull I had no way of explaining to anyone. Kado said he understood, but I had my doubts. How could he understand? How could anyone, except the shadow people? I was sure they were the ones causing it.

It was time. It was the right time to bring Drevin down, and I had the feeling if I didn't make my move soon it might be too late. Even if the Coalition won the war, Drevin would still win unless I stopped him. I had no idea how I knew all this. I just did. I had never felt anything so strongly, but Kado refused to listen. He said I was being impulsive and not really listening to what the shadow people were telling me.

Well, if Kado wouldn't listen, I would make Makari listen. This constant worry made it almost impossible to function. It infuriated me that Makari put himself at such risk while telling me I shouldn't. I was the one who would stop Drevin. If the two of them wanted me to trust them so blindly, they needed to start trusting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!